Saturday, November 10, 2012

UST Graduate Incident

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/300296/2-suspects-in-killing-of-ust-graduate-arrested

This is kind of a late blog entry about the news but anyway... HEHE. ^^;;

There was this news about a girl from UST who got raped and killed by a tricycle and another guy. I'm not so sure about how it all happened but yeah, you get the point (You can read the article above). Since I wasn't really watching television, I wasn't able to get the whole picture of the incident. All I heard was the cry of the mother on TV, telling the people that she would never forgive the men who killed her daughter. On the other hand, the two guys who killed the girl were crying endlessly and apologizing.

Upon hearing that, our househelper reacted by saying, "Dapat yung mga ganyan pinuputulan ng kamay para matuto." (English: "They should have cut the hands of those guys so that they'll learn.").

In my mind, I thought of the idea as "harsh".

But then, that comment made by our househelper kind of made me think more of God's grace. If cutting of people's sinful hands was already harsh for me, what more if it's God's wrath that'll be poured out on us because of what we did?
"..For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." - Romans 3:23-24 (NIV)
A lot of people just don't realize the consequences of their actions. NO ONE in this world is good. No one is right with God. We're all supposed to go to hell. That is the bad news a lot of people don't understand. They think that if they do good generally, they would go to heaven. And if they do really bad deeds (the major one's like stealing, killing, committing adultery, etc.), they'll go to hell.

That's not how things work. And again, quoting from the youth pastors in our church: "You will never appreciate the good news until you understand the bad news". Well, I already told you the bad news about hell, the good news is Jesus Christ!
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23 (NIV)
I'm thankful for God's mercy, grace and for Jesus Christ who died on the cross for us. I'm thankful that He adopted me as His lovely daughter to spend eternity with Him in Heaven. I'm thankful for His great and indescribable love for me! ^^
"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." - Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Reads.