During the first session, we had Pastor Ryan Tan from Victory Ubelt as our speaker. He discussed about sexual immorality and emphasized on God's will of us to be pure and holy. Despite our sex saturated generation today, it is still possible to be pure and holy.
Highlight of the Talk:
- We are living in a sex saturated generation today.
- "Sex is God's idea." (Genesis 2:24)
There are just people who think of it as shameful because of the world's wrong view and use of it.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3 > It is God's will for us to be sexually pure.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:4 > We can CONTROL our sexual desire. Don't let it be the one to control you.
- Holiness is getting right with God. He said, "Be holy because I am holy." > If God is our Father, there must be a resemblance in us. If there's none, then there's something wrong.
- Sex is powerful to bond 2 people (Genesis 2:24), but if it's done wrong, it can destroy us. It's like fire that can be used to cook food, light places, and other stuff, but at the same time, it can also be used to burn houses and hurt people.
Sex can wound deeply if it is done wrong. Not only physically, but also emotionally and psychologically.
- Sex is supposed to be a blessing, and not a curse.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:5 > The root problem of sexual impurity is NOT knowing God.
- Knowing God is the starting point of sexual purity. Once we get to experience and know Him, we'll realize that we don't have to sin just to be happy (just because it "feels" good). Real everlasting happiness comes from God.
- 2 Corinthians 4:4 > A lot of young people are being blinded by the world.
- John 10:10 > Those that are not coming from Christ are curses.
- We can live a pure and holy life BY THE TRUTH and THE GRACE OF GOD.
The second session was about Conviction (for the girls) by Ms. Pinky Katipunan. They had to divide the girls and the guys, so I'm not so sure of what the topic was for the guys. As for the third session, our speaker was Pastor Jay. He talked about Leadership Principles which are 1) Have compassion for the lost, 2) Encourage the New Believers to follow Christ, 3) Restore the Fallen.
My favorite place in Caliraya was the gazebo. It's located at the top of the main building of the resort. The view was really fantastic! :"> It was the best view I have ever seen! You could see everything from up there~ If I had one of those at home, I'll always have my quiet times there.
(c) Victory Ortigas Youth
*for the first and mudslide picture.