Monday, May 14, 2012

WIRED: All In or Out (Part 2)



Pastor Ferdie Cabiling


It was unexpected that I cried during the last session because I didn't cry on the first three sessions... Pastor Ferdie Cabiling was our last speaker and he preached about real love. It was his preaching that touched my heart the most, I felt like God was speaking to me. Indeed, His presence was felt by all of us. I was reminded of how AMAZING my GOD is and how He did so much in my life. At this point, I'm still 19 years old and I believe that God has more in store for me. I just can't get over how God revealed himself to me and how I encountered Him in a much deeper way. :">
Highlights of the Preaching:
- Move in love. Don't use excuses.
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
- To love doesn't mean that we have to be too nice to people in a way that they'll take advantage of us.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 > Be patient with others (with their attitude or even when waiting for a special someone to come into your life). Love is not the feelings we have or get; it is a commitment (ex: Marriage). Love is a decision. It is deciding to forgive others despite the things they've done wrong.. Love is truth and it does not easily quit!
- When we love, we don't quit easily. We may be in pain, but that doesn't mean that we should quit.
- 1 Corinthians 13:8-13
- Love is oriented towards others. It has no selfish intention. It is not fickle-minded, but constant.
- Deuteronomy 10:15 > The Lord declares that we are His! Despite our background, the Lord still decided to attach himself to us.
- If we don't understand God's love, we won't be able to show real love to others.
- John 3:16  > A perfect example of what love is.
- Ephesians 5:2 > The love of God will cause you too conquer the world. If you're not thinking about others, then it's not love.


After the preaching, Pastor Ferdie told us a story about his father who was very caring and loving to him. This reminded me of my own biological father back home and made me cry because I felt so blessed to have him as my father. If they've shown us so much love, how much more our Father in Heaven? And for those who haven't experienced having a loving father, there will always be God, our Father in Heaven, who loves us so much that He sent His own Son to die on the cross for us.


God never fails to remind me from time to time of how great His love is for me!


"He is jealous for me.. loves like a hurricane. I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, and I realize just how beautiful you are and how GREAT your affections are for me. Oh, HOW HE LOVES US!"  


WIRED 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Reads.