Thursday, June 21, 2012

Not-So-Pleasant Days

Today wasn't a very pleasant day for me. After class, I left school and went to the mall to help a friend of mine buy something. The mall was just 5 mins away if we choose to walk. We left at around 5pm in school, and I was hoping to arrive at my dorm by 6pm since I have a curfew and my parents keep on checking up on me. When we got to the mall, I told my dad that I'm at the mall and I'll be back at around 6pm (He wants me to update him all the time where I am). But my friend and I lost track of the time and I was able to go back to my dorm at 7pm.


Of course, like any other parent, when they found out that it's late and I passed my dorm curfew, they got furious. I also blame myself for not being responsible. When I got back at the dorm, my dad reprimanded me on the phone. I got a bit disappointed with myself and apologized to my parents. All I could say was "Sorry" and *"Opo" the whole time.
*"Opo": Filipino word for "yes", in a respectful way. Used for older people.



I got upset for a while, but I told myself that it was also my fault. I got a bit teary-eyed, but after that I chose to still smile. Not because I want to hide the pain I felt, but because I realized that there are still a lot of things to be thankful for.


Thank God for my dormmates who still made me laugh, and for my friend who prayed for me before I talked to my dad on the phone. I thank God for the fellowship I had with my friends today and for always being there to comfort me. He is the reason why we should still rejoice despite our not-so-pleasant days, for God is God and God is good. ^^


All of the bad things happening to us is nothing compared to what Jesus Christ went through for us.


It could have been an irritable situation for me that my parents got mad. But, I chose not to let it ruin my day.






When I had my quiet time after a long day, the Lord gave me words of encouragement:
"4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! .... 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:4, 6-7 (NLT)
Thank God for inner peace and joy. It's only in God where we could find true and everlasting joy. GOD IS GOOD! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Reads.